Location & Getting Here
Located just 2 and a half hours drive from Sydney, or only 1 hour from Newcastle. The Golden Door Health Retreat is located in the beautiful landscape of the Hunter Valley
Directions from Sydney CBD
Cross the Sydney Harbour Bridge and follow the Pacific Highway towards Hornsby. Before Hornsby (at Wahroonga) take National Highway 1 (F3 Freeway) north towards Newcastle. After 100kms (1 hour), exit the National Highway 1 at the Cessnock / Hunter Valley Vineyards sign.
- As you enter Cessnock along Aberdare Road, turn right at the first set of traffic lights onto Vincent Street.
- Proceed through Cessnock to Allandale Road following signs to Branxton. Turn left at traffic lights onto Wollombi Road (following directional signs to Branxton – still Highway 82) and then first right at the traffic lights onto Allandale Road, passing swimming pool on the left and McDonalds restaurant on the right
- Proceed along Allandale Road, 5km out of Cessnock you will pass Cessnock Airport and the Visitor Information Centre on the left
- Turn left 500 metres past the airport into Broke Road
- Follow Broke Road for 3km to T-intersection
- Turn left at T-intersection onto McDonalds Road. Remain on this road and turn right onto Thompsons Road after Tamburlaine wineries
- Follow Thompsons Road (passing Cypress Lakes Resort on your left). Proceed for 1.5km and take your first left following the directional signs to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia.
- You will arrive at a large black gate signed ‘Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia.