Open the door to a world of opportunities and discover your potential with The Golden Door Australia.
The Golden Door is Australia’s leading health retreat and spa operator, and our continued expansion means we are constantly looking for the very best people to join our team in traditional areas such as reservations, front office and administration, kitchens and restaurants, maintenance and housekeeping, as well as our specialised elements of spa, health and fitness.
A position at The Golden Door is more than a job – it’s a career, and a chance to design an exciting future working at the forefront of the health and leisure industry.
For enquiries relating to:
The Golden Door Health Retreat – Elysia (Hunter Valley, NSW)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Chef or Experienced Cook
We are seeking to appoint a part time Chef or Cook (base of two or three days per week) to join our kitchen team. As an experienced, energetic and committed Chef or experienced healthy cook your priority will be to be passionate about healthy cooking. Our kitchen is a demanding and stimulating environment – you will need to have a good understanding of dietaries and food allergies. If you are creative and have the ability to work as a member of a team this maybe the role for you. You must able to work unsupervised and have the experience to run a smooth service independently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key team member within the Golden Door Elysia team. This is a lifestyle position based in the beautiful Hunter Valley where you have an ability to impact on thousands of people through education, exposure and encouragement. Hours of work are generally an eight hour shift between the hours of 6am and 8pm.
We are committed to getting back to basics, offering guests healthy nutritious foods, exposing them to new tastes and textures. If this aligns with your passions and what you believe then email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Volunteer Program at the Golden Door Elysia Health Retreat and Spa, Hunter Valley NSW
This is your opportunity to commit to a 5 week program of voluntary work with a guest experience at the completion of your time.
Volunteer participants can be students studying at university, TAFE or other educational institutions, as well as people who are currently working or considering a career change into the Health and Wellness industry. Retirees who are active, have a passion for wellness and love to lead by example are also welcome to apply.
Volunteers who commit to the program work for 5 consecutive weeks qualify to receive a Golden Door guest program experience at no charge.
- This can be taken as a 5 day Golden Door guest program by yourself or given as a gift to a loved one. This also includes one wellness consultation, one massage and one facial.
- These opportunities are valid for 6 months after having completing the 5 week Volunteer Program. These are subject to approval and certain block out periods when the retreat is under high demand.
- Clean healthy mountain air environment, with onsite accommodation provided (twin share).
- Fresh, nutritious cuisine provided.
- The opportunity to work with a team committed to promoting the health and wellbeing of others.
- The opportunity to hear a variety of guest speakers who visit the retreat each weekend and speak on a wide array of health and wellbeing topics.
- Interaction with guests who are faced with the challenge of achieving their health and life goals.
- Work across a broad range of departments including Kitchen, Dining, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Reception, Wellness and Spa, Marketing and on the Program.
- This may involve a wide variety of tasks, some of which may be menial, others challenging. Some work will be indoors, other outside and possibly offsite.
- Variable 35 hour roster with 2 rostered days off per week.
- Experience the renowned Golden Door guest program.
- A positive, energetic outlook.
- Commitment to the needs of our guests, and a willingness to make a positive contribution to their experience
- Ability and willingness to undertake a range of tasks (from menial to challenging)
- The ability to perform some physically demanding tasks as required, for example:
- Clearing restaurant and washing dishes.
- Assist guiding daily walks and regular hikes with guests of varying paces (4-10kms).
- Prolonged standing.
- Other cleaning duties that may include kneeling
- Good communication skills
- Adherence to the rules of the guest program (no coffee, alcohol, nicotine or recreational drugs) for the duration of your visit
Please submit your application and advise us of dates you are available, containing a cover letter*, current copy of your resume, copy of your driver’s licence or passport and a passport-sized photograph to:
Rebecca Mehew (Health Promotion and Movement Coach)
or alternatively mail to:
The Golden Door Elysia
PO Box 368
Cessnock NSW 2325
*Your cover letter should also detail the following:
- Why did you choose The Golden Door?
- Your interests in health and wellbeing
- Why should The Golden Door choose you?
- Your current area of work or study
- What are your availabilities for 2017 or 2018 to do the internship?
- What are your plans for the next 5 years?
If you have questions or concerns about the program or application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
My work experience at the Golden Door Elysia entailed meeting amazing people, creating a family with the staff, obtaining a high fitness level, learning high social skills and enjoying the program activities whilst lending a hand wherever possible. While at Elysia you will stay in one of the beautiful villas, most meals are with the guests; you will have experience in both the hotel and health retreat business and will interact in most daily activities. Starting the day with morning wakeup calls, setting up the facilities, helping with the morning walk, assisting with cleaning and setting up at breakfast, lunch and dinner and other rostered duties. Although it was work it never seemed like a chore because you will find that the atmosphere and people are a pure joy to be around. The staff a small tight knit group and will love having you. Within a day it is easy to find yourself a part of the team. I truly hope you will enjoy it as much as I did as I had to be pushed out the door at the end of my weeks.
Work Experience at the Golden Door Health Retreat Elysia