Friday 5 – Sunday 7 August, 2016
You might have heard about mindfulness but are not clear on what it is and what it offers. This program is for you to learn about mindfulness and how it can be integrated into your life. The program is full of mindfulness tools, mindfulness practices as well as mindful understandings and perspectives. The intention is that you leave the program equipped to make your life journey a little calmer, more present, and internally healthier but also that if you have certain habits or situations that cause you ongoing stress and grief you will gain new perspectives and ways of dealing with them. As part of the program you receive a mindfulness manual, all relevant mindfulness audios and a CD.
This retreat is for you if…
- At times you feel that life is just one big rush, you feel overwhelmed, like you never get it all done, you feel short with those you love or your colleagues and perhaps you also find it hard to get a good night’s sleep.
- Perhaps you have heard and read a little about mindfulness and would like to experience it in a deeper way and get the ‘tools’ to integrate it into your daily life?
- You would just like to improve clarity of your thinking, feel more present and more connected to those around you.
Mindful living will help you…
- Develop skills to de-stress and reduce the feeling of overwhelm
- Greater perspective on the important things in life
- Increased awareness and ability to manage your thoughts & feelings
- Understand how to engage and use the breath to relax and become present
- Improve sense of self and better relationships.
Charlotte is one of the most experienced mindfulness retreat leaders in Australia. She has trained with some of the best in the world both in terms of the neuroscience behind mindfulness but also with the traditional Buddhist teachers. Both her ‘Dear Body’ program and her corporate program are university researched showing clear strong positive results.
Charlotte Thaarup-Owen is an internationally experienced Clinical Mindfulness Consultant who facilitates mindfulness and mindfulness based workshops both locally and abroad. She is trained in Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) as well as Mindful Eating (MBEAT) and Corporate Based Mindfulness Training (CBMT) and Big Mind. Charlotte has trained with Zen Master Genpo Roshi, and attended training with Jack Kornfield, Dr. Dan Siegel, Eckart Tolle, Stephen and Martine Batchelor, Rick Hanson and Jason Siff. Her Mindful Eating program is to be part of Rick Hanson’s US based Wellbeing program. Charlotte is a mediator and coach with over 20 years’ experience in facilitating change and personal and interpersonal development.
Charlotte has facilitator status in Relationship Awareness Theory and Alternatives to Violence Programme. She has a degree in Adult Teaching and has post graduate qualifications in Conflict Resolution and Mediation (Institute of Family Therapy – London) and in Creativity and Imagination in Education (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education – London). Charlotte is a public speaker, does mindfulness retreats, coaching and training. She is also the mindfulness expert for the Danish magazine Femina.
Add this Retreat to your stay for only $395 per person*
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT OUR RESERVATIONS TEAM ON 1800 212 011 OR COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU SHORTLY.