Friday 10 until Sunday 12 June, 2016
The retreat will change your relationship with food and your body forever. You will discover the root causes of your unhealthy relationship with food, but more than that you will discover how our relationship with food can be a gateway to living a more contented and joyful life.
- Are you tired of beating yourself up with negative thoughts around your body, weight and food?
- Are you overwhelmed with all the rules and fads around food and exercise?
- Have you been trapped for years in a cycle of rating yourself for being ‘good’ or ‘bad’ in relation to your food and exercise choices?
- Are you ready for less stress, feeling less overwhelmed and ready for a healthier mind and body?
Then it may be time for you to embrace mindful eating and participate in Charlotte Thaarup-Owen’s Six Steps to Loving the Body and Freeing the Mind program this March at Golden Door. It is the perfect way to integrate mindfulness in your life and to live a life free from relentless rules and toxic chatter around diet, food and exercise.
Mindful eating will help you…
- Experience more positive and loving moments
- Become more present, focused and clear
- Finally enjoy food without guilt
- Heal what’s causing you to over (or under) eat
- Deal with the relentless chatter of shame and ‘not good enough’ once and for all
- Let your body finds its natural body weight and have it stay there without effort
- Turn your eating and food related challenges into opportunities for growth.
The Six Steps to Loving the Body and Freeing the Mind program is a radical new approach that will not only help with your eating related issues, but benefit all aspects of your life as well.
Charlotte Thaarup-Owen is an internationally experienced Clinical Mindfulness Consultant who facilitates mindfulness and mindfulness based workshops both locally and abroad. She is trained in Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) as well as Mindful Eating (MBEAT) and Corporate Based Mindfulness Training (CBMT) and Big Mind. Charlotte has trained with Zen Master Genpo Roshi, and attended training with Jack Kornfield, Dr. Dan Siegel, Eckart Tolle, Stephen and Martine Batchelor, Rick Hanson and Jason Siff. Her Mindful Eating program is to be part of Rick Hanson’s US based Wellbeing program. Charlotte is a mediator and coach with over 20 years’ experience in facilitating change and personal and interpersonal development.
For more information on the Mindfulness Clinic click here
“Excellent workshop. Charlotte is a skilled facilitator who brought up today’s research, gentleness, compassion, incredible skills in teaching mindfulness and managed the group beautifully. I have learnt so much more than expected through addressing deeper issues through mindfulness. I would hugely recommend this course to anyone open to change and looking for a more mindful way of living and a more positive and kinder relationship with self and food. By the way, as a side effect, I have already ten days later lost 3 KG.”~ Alexandra Frost Clinical Psychologist.
“Feeling better in my own skin, rarely emotional eating now, exercising and meditating (not quite daily but getting there) and by product is I’m 6 kilos lighter. Starting personal training tomorrow with a trainer who wants to focus on the mind body connection and help to keep stress levels down with a mixture of different forms of exercise by getting the mind out of the way. Hardly eating sugar at all and lost cravings. Excited..life changing course. Thank you.” ~ November 2015 Retreat Participant.
Add this Retreat to your stay for only $395 per person